Re: MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:38:07 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Marian Hettwer wrote:

>> - Use libmap to configure the mysql server to use libthr instead of
>>   libpthread
>>
> uh. Last time I fiddled around with libmap.conf was back in FreeBSD 5.1
> ... could you enlighten me a wee bit in regards to libmap.conf ? :) If
> not, I'll stress google a bit and hopefully find something useful...

libmap.conf(5) has the details, including examples.  The easy (cheating)
way to accomplish the same thing is to replace /usr/lib/libpthread with
/usr/lib/libthr :-).  Remember that for linker changes to the thread
library to affect an application, you need to stop and restart the
application.

> my.cnf is pretty much my-medium.cnf on Debian and FreeBSD. Although,
> Debian has MySQL 4.1.11 and FreeBSD Ports has MySQL 4.1.14. As mentioned
> before, this benchmark here is a quick shot. However, the difference
> shouldn't be _that_ large (3600 vs. 14000).

I think you will find people generally agree with this viewpoint. :-)

BTW, you're running MySQL over UNIX domain sockets, not TCP, right?

Robert N M Watson