CURRENT + amd64 + user-ppp = panic

From: Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir_at_i.kiev.ua>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:41:37 +0300 (EEST)
Hello,
For a couple of days already my -CURRENT amd64 reliably panicks whenever
I'm trying to connect via ppp (nothing fancy - playn dialup, no firewall).
It's 100% reproducible both with custom kernel and with GENERIC. A
typescript of kgdb is attached.

I'm running now on the kernel from Oct 19 which also panicks, BTW, with
"kmem_map too small" on an attempt to run something like Linux OpenOffice
or Mathematica (neither kern.ipc.nmbclusters nor vm.kmem_size_max
tweaking helps; besides, I've only 512 MB RAM)

Regards,
Vladimir