Re: deadlocks with SMP and Pentium 3

From: Bjoern Koenig <bkoenig_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:56:35 +0200
Kris Kennaway wrote:

> You need to break to DDB, trace processes and examine lock state with
> commands like 'show alllocks' and 'show lockedvnods' to see what is
> going on.

Unfortunately the machine freezes completely and I can't break to the
debugger anymore. It happens absolutely unforeseen, therefore I can't
examine states shortly before it freezes. I run several instances of
'unixbench shell' and 'ubench -c'; sometimes it takes a few seconds and
sometimes 10 minutes until the machine stops working.

I like to except hardware failures, because FreeBSD 4.11 and Windows
Server 2003 run under high load without problems for several hours.

I'll spend some more time.

Thanks
Björn