Re: MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

From: Marian Hettwer <MH_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:18:51 +0200
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Marian Hettwer <MH_at_kernel32.de> writes:
>
>>by the way, back in the days of FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x, after I did a
>>config MYKERNEL, it doesn't said I need to do a "make cleandepend"
>>before doing a "make depend"... why that? Seems like this additional
>>step in compiling the Kernel is around since 6-CURRENT, right?
>

> There are only two steps in compiling a FreeBSD kernel:
>
> # cd /usr/src
> # make buildkernel

well okay, I could do "make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL; make
installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL". But there was the different way of doing a
cd /sys/i386/conf
vi MYKERNEL
config MYKERNEL
cd ../compile/MYKERNEL
make depend; make; make install

nowadays its make cleandepend; make depend...

To get this straight: It doesn't matter wether I use the "long" way, or
the way you mentioned (which I only used when doing a make world...)?

regards,
Marian