Re: HEADS UP! 6.0-RELEASE coming

From: Felipe openglx <felipegrazziotin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:54:17 -0200
On 10/27/05, Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> Wanted to let everyone know that the testing on RC1 has gone well enough
> that we've decided to skip RC2 and go straight to 6.0-RELEASE.  Everyone
> that we have talked to has applauded the stability and functionality of
> the system, so we are really pleased and really eager to wrap it up and
> get it out to everyone.  Over the next 24 hours we will be synchronizing
> the RELENG_6_0 tree to get in all of the appropriate bug fixes, then we
> will do some test builds as a final verification.  Everyone is still
> welcome to update their sources on the RELENG_6_0 branch and provide
> feedback for the next 48 hours or so.  The release will likely be
> announced by the end of the weekend or early next week, at the latest.

I had a few issues with SiS 630 video driver, already related in
thread http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=815881+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-current/20051016.freebsd-current

Are those corrected already? I did compile the latest kernel (after a
cvsup on src-sys*) and X.org still reboots my machine if I enable the
SiS driver.

--
openglx_at_StarByte.net