How to call a function in the kernel from Local APIC timer handler

From: Vaibhave Agarwal <vaibhave_at_cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:39:13 -0600 (MDT)
Hi, I need some help with the new local APIC functionality added in
FreeBSD 6.0 and above.

All the code which I am writing is in FreeBSD kernel.

I was using LAPIC one shot timer for scheduling some events in the kernel.
The problem is that I cannot call the function in my code, directly from
the APIC timer handler, because all the interrupts are disabled in the
APIC timer handler ( function is lapic_handle_timer() ), and my function
uses a sleep mutex to protect the kernel code I have written.
Therefore, I schedule a software interrupt thread, which calls my function
later in time.
Is there a way, I can call my function instantly from the
lapic_handle_timer, bcoz using the software interrupt thread, decreases
the accuracy of the scheduler i am using.

thanks
vaibhave