Re: MySQL crashes on amd64

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:56:02 -0500
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 03:52:42PM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 02:45:57PM +0100, Stefan Cars wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > No. I don't need both. Removed libpthread.so.1 and still the same problem.
> >
> > You removed the mapping entry, or the file itself?  Daniel asked for
> > the latter.
>
> Or perhaps try using libmap.conf to map libpthread.so.1 to
> libpthread.so.2 without any other mappings:
>
> 	libpthread.so.1		libpthread.so.2

This is just a partial workaround, of course, and any of your binaries
that are also linked to two versions of other libraries may still
experience crashes (or may start to crash later when the new libraries
change further).  You really want to track down and fix the root cause
now, to save you hours of pain later when the problem recurs
elsewhere.

Kris