show stopper for FreeBSD 6

From: Philippe PEGON <Philippe.Pegon_at_crc.u-strasbg.fr>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:07:38 +0100
Hi,

I know that it's a bit late for FreeBSD 6 release, but I think this
issue is a significant problem for FreeBSD :

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/83375

our productions servers with FreeBSD 5.4 reboots every week with this
panic and we are not alone. We hoped that FreeBSD 6 would have solved
this problem after this thread on freebsd-stable :

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-stable/2005-June/016154.html

I have just tested with FreeBSD 6-RC1 and the problem remains here.
Moreover, I think it's also a security issue because a single user, with
a shell account on an FreeBSD SMP box, could trigger a panic with a
simple shell script like that one (posted by Marc Olzheim in PR 83375),
it's annoying particularly in a multi-user environment :

#!/bin/sh

count=0
while true
do
	screen -d -m -c "${PWD}/.screenrc.crashpts" &
	count=$(($count+1))
	if [ $(($count%100)) = 0 ]
	then
		killall screen