Re: LOR route vr0

From: Fredrik Lindberg <fli+freebsd-current_at_shapeshifter.se>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:48:43 +0200
Don Lewis wrote:
> On 27 Aug, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>
>>In message: <20050828025721.X43518_at_fledge.watson.org>
>>            Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:
>>:
>>: On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>>:
>>: > : You need to add an entry to subr_witness.c creating a graph edge between
>>: > : the softc lock and the routing lock.  An example of an entry in
>>: > : subr_witness.c:
>>: > :
>>: > :          /*
>>: > :           * TCP/IP
>>: > :           */
>>: > :          { "tcp", &lock_class_mtx_sleep },
>>: > :          { "tcpinp", &lock_class_mtx_sleep },
>>: > :          { "so_snd", &lock_class_mtx_sleep },
>>: > :          { NULL, NULL },
>>: > :
>>: > : Note that sets of ordered entries are terminated with a double-null.  This
>>: > : declares that locks of type "tcp" preceed "tcpinp" which preceed
>>: > : "so_snd".
>>: >
>>: > So you have to have locks of type tcp BEFORE you take out tcpinp type
>>: > locks?
>>:
>>: Correct.  'tcp' reflects the global TCP state tables (pcbinfo) locks, and
>>: 'tcpinp' is for individual PCBs.  If you acquire first a tcpinp and then
>>: tcp, the above settings should cause WITNESS to generate a lock order
>>: warning.  Likewise, both tcp and tcpinp preceed so_snd, so if you acquire
>>: a protocol lock after a socket lock, it will get unhappy.  WITNESS handles
>>: transitive relationships, so it gets connected up to the rest of the lock
>>: graph, explicit and implicit, so indirect violations of orders are fully
>>: handled.
>>
>>OK.  I've been seeing similar LORs in ed, sn, iwi (ed is my locked
>>version of ed, not in tree GIANT locked ed).
>

> Just as a datapoint, I've got fxp interfaces on all my machines running
> -CURRENT and I'm not seeing the problem here.

I'm seeing both the rentry and the tcpinp LORs on my fxp interface
on a machine running a few days old -current (Aug 25).

lock order reversal
1st 0xc1e30d38 inp (tcpinp) _at_ /usr/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c:742
2nd 0xc1b74018 fxp0 (network driver) _at_/usr/src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c:1172

lock order reversal
1st 0xc1e06bb8 rtentry (rtentry) _at_ /usr/src/sys/net/route.c:1269
2nd 0xc1b74018 fxp0 (network driver) _at_/usr/src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c:1172

As for their backtraces they are almost identical to the
once already posted.