Re: Default route doesn't change to wireless device (ath0)

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:26:45 -0700
> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jon Dama <jd_at_ugcs.caltech.edu>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> Flush the routing table or at least delete the default entry in a
> start_if.ath0 script.

This is obvious, but does not answer the question: "Can't that be done
automatically on plugging in either?"

As I recall, when the OpenSSH dhclient was added, one of the things it
was supposed to do was flush the routing table. This never seems to have
happened and I'm not sure I'd want it to.

Maybe devd could automate it? (I think I'm going to try that.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)