installing ld-elf.so.1

From: Benjamin Lutz <benlutz_at_datacomm.ch>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:49:32 +0200
Hello,

While examining my system (FreeBSD 6.0-BETA3 amd64) and removing the old
libs from before the version bump, I noticed that the time stamp on
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 does not match that of other system files. The date
leads me to believe that my current ld-elf.so.1 is a remainder of a
recently bumped to libm.so.4).

While trying to figure out why the new ld-elf.so.1 (which appears to
have been built correctly) isn't installed. I finally arrived at this point:

# cp -p /usr/obj/usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/ld-elf.so.1 /libexec
cp: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Text file busy
#

(This is in single user mode. The result is the same if I use
/rescue/cp, which is statically linked.)

The open(2) manpage has this to say about it:

  [ETXTBSY]      The file is a pure procedure (shared text) file that
                 is being executed and the open() system call requests
                 write access.

So, my question: How can Install the new ld-elf.so.1?

Cheers
Benjamin