RE: FreeBSD6.0 and VMWare 5.0.. No go

From: Daniel Dvorak <dandee_at_hellteam.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:15:31 +0200
Okay I am interested in.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Scott Long
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:34 AM
To: dandee_at_volny.cz
Cc: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org; 'Edwin Brown'
Subject: Re: FreeBSD6.0 and VMWare 5.0.. No go

Daniel Dvorak wrote:
>  Yes, I confirm this. :(
>
> I tried to install 32bit and 64bit version and both stoped with this
panic.
> It hapens when installation proccess copy files  to disk, usually.
>
> Dan

If anyone is interested, I have a FreeBSD 6 snapshot ISO with a custom
kernel that has PREEMPTION, SMP, and apic removed.  I've been trying to get
it to work on VirtualPC, but I'm running into other problems with it now
(mainly that VPC doesn't seem to expose the CDROM in a way that FreeBSD can
find it).  If anyone is interested in testing it with VMWare, let me know
and I'll make it available.  It's a normal disc1 install ISO, based on
6-BETA3.

Scott