Re: Still roaming issues with new dhclient and if_wi

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:18:06 -0700
> Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:59:12 +0200
> From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
>
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:57:30 -0700
> "Kevin Oberman" <oberman_at_es.net> wrote:
>
> > I have a ThinkPad with a Prism2.5 wireless card and use the wi
> > driver.
>
> Do you use WEP? If yes, can you use it just with the typical rc.conf
> entries or do you have a custom start script? I ask since I have to use
> some "complicated" start procedure (setting some values with ifconfig,
> load the wep module, set some other values with ifconfig and the scan
> for the AP).

Thanks for the suggestion, but these are open APs. No WEP, TKIP, or
anything else. Nothing at all fancy about the rc.conf. Just
ifconfig_wi0="DHCP". It's about a simple as it gets.

I'm planning on trying the wpa_supplicant to see if that works better, but I
won't get a chance until I get back to Berkeley. I'm not sure that if_wi
has all of the required stuff for the supplicant to work, either.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)