Re: [Panic] 6b3 + mdconfig -t malloc + unionfs + screeen

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:21:52 -0500
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 01:05:48AM +0300, McLone wrote:
> This is very sad. Even oldish Plan 9 always had union mounts.
> Where is the problem? VFS? Locking? Lack of interest?

Not lack of interest, but lack of one or more people who will step forward
and do all the hard work involved.  I, too, would like to see it happen
(as bugmeister, it would allow me to close numerous PRs), but it's going
to take someone with a fair amount of time and determination both.

Perhaps this is one of the situations where people ought to consider
funding a developer for N weeks, or months, to fix it once and for all.

mcl