fifo panic (was: Re: Panic when building the world under SMP kernel (HTT).)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:01:35 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Julien Gabel wrote:

> Just to report that i always encountered a panic when building the world
> using an SMP kernel for a CPU with HTT enable (in the BIOS) and the
> sysctl machdep.hlt_logical_cpus set to 0.
>
> Just cvsup'ed (kernel built at Fri Sep 9 18:39:41 CEST 2005).
>
> See the kernel trace and kernel configuration file attached, please.

Do you have a crash dump for this crash, and a kernel with debugging
symbols?  There have been occasional fifo panic reports from SMP boxes
(especially >=4 CPUs doing builds), and I'd like to try to track it down,
but based on prior experience, we'll need some amount of detailed
debugging information to get much further.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson