Re: cvsup stuff in BETA4

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:52:41 -0400
At 8:19 PM +0200 9/10/05, Emanuel Strobl wrote:

>No, the other way arround. I know the cvsup problematic, I also know
>csup  (maby that will make it into the base system at one day?), but
>what I meant is that the cvsup example files are in /usr/share/examples,
>not  in /usr/local/share examples, where I expected them since they
>belong to non-base application.

They are config files for the FreeBSD base system.  They are not
config files *for* cvsup.  Ie, the CVSup program *itself* does not
need those files to exist for any reason.

And if csup winds up in the base system, we'll just move those
example files back in /usr/share/examples.  Looking at the CVS logs,
those files have been in that directory since sometime around 1996.
It seems pointless to move them *now*, just as we are making some
real progress towards having a cvsup-ish program in the base system.

Or at least, I hope we are!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org