atapicam not working under -CURRENT

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:10:09 -0400
I have a desktop machine running recent -CURRENT on which atapicam does
not work.  That is to say, applications that try to access the CD-ROM
using CAM fail claiming it's a non-MMC unit, for example.  For example,
growisofs reports:

GET CONFIGURATION failed with SK=5h/ASC=20h/ACQ=00h

cdrecord reports:

Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities page

I have tried DMA and non-DMA modes, but neither work.  This drive has
not worked under atapicam for as long as I can remember.  Here is the
link to the verbose dmesg output including the errors seen at boot-time
when a disc is inserted into the drive:

http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/jclarke-pc_dmesg.txt

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome_at_FreeBSD.org