dev.ath.0.slottime changing and why ?

From: Daniel Dvorak <dandee_at_hellteam.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:33:45 +0200
On 2 servers, where atheros is installed, there are problem with unexpected
changing "slottime" IFS parametr.

If I set this parametr manually or by new way with using of athctrl.sh for
our correct destination between them, it changes to slottime=12 for example,
but after undefined period it changes back to slottime=9 which is default.

Anothers 2 parametrs ack and cts timeouts is okay.

habr# ./athctrl.sh -i ath0 -d 681
Setup IFS parameters on interface ath0 for 681 meter p-2-p link
dev.ath.0.slottime: 9 -> 12
dev.ath.0.acktimeout: 27 -> 27
dev.ath.0.ctstimeout: 27 -> 27
habr# ifconfig ath0 media OFDM/24Mbps mode 11a mediaopt adhoc
habr# ./athctrl.sh -i ath0 -d 681
Setup IFS parameters on interface ath0 for 681 meter p-2-p link
dev.ath.0.slottime: 9 -> 12
dev.ath.0.acktimeout: 27 -> 27
dev.ath.0.ctstimeout: 27 -> 27

And another question, could somebody recommend me some ath_rate from 3
available options and why ?

I remind that there are available these:

ath_rate_onoe - which is default for fbsd driver
ath_rate_amrr - http://www.marlow.dk/tech/madwifi/lacage04.pdf
ath_rate_sample - which is default for madwifi (linux driver)

After reading the pdf file, ath_rate_amrr is seems to be the best one.

Any comments ?

Thank you for your attention.

Dan

  _____

avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Odchozi zprava cista.

Virova databaze (VPS): 0537-0, 12.09.2005
Testovano: 14.9.2005 13:33:45