slow console caused by powerd usage (1024x768)

From: Gordon Bergling <gbergling_at_0xfce3.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:00:45 +0200
Hi,

I wondered why my console is something slow on 6.0-BETAx and I played a
little bit with my setup and discovered that powerd slows down the
console.

After killing the process the console seems to be a lot snappier.

I run the powerd on a IBM Thinkpad T22 with a 900 MHz PIII.

I could unterstand if the powerd lower the clockrate while the notebook
isn't connected to a AC line, but it doesn't matter wether I connect
the notebook to the AC line or battery usage.

I have looked at hw.clockrate and while connected to the AC line the
clockrate isn't changed. Thats okay, I think. ;)

But, whats makes me wonder, is that the console is soo slow on the
notebook while running powerd and connected to AC.

Has anyone discovered the same, or has someone an idea on how to fix
this?

best regards,

	Gordon

--
Gordon Bergling <GBergling at 0xfce3.net>	      http://www.0xFCE3.net/
PGP Fingerprint:  7732 9BB1 5013 AE8B E42C  28E0 93B9 D32B C76F 02A0