Re: powerd (cpufreq) problems

From: Bruno Ducrot <ducrot_at_poupinou.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:40:18 +0200
On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:17:06PM +0200, Emanuel Strobl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that whenever my notebook (VAIO SRX41p, BETA4) crashed, powerd
> prints the following error after reboot:
> acpi_perf0: Px transition to 500 failed
> acpi_perf0: set freq failed, err 6
>
> I can't solve that state, no shutdown/reboot will fix it. _But_, if I boot
> XP and reboot everything is fine again.
>
> I don't have problems if I do a clean shutdown and reboot FreeBSD.
> There seems to be something in an invalid state while powerd is running
> which powerd corrects at exit.
>
> Can I provide any useful info to get this fixed? I'm not planning to leave
> XP on that machine just because I need it to "reset" cpufreq related
> stuff ;)

Is this one with a PIII mobile and a PIIX4 southbridge?
If yes, could you please try without acpi_perf but with smist instead?

I think that even if you want to keep it working with acpi_perf
I can write a simple userspace tool in order to get it working, but
I don't think this can be commited though.

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.