gcc segmentation fault in going back to current

From: Chuck Robey <chuckr_at_chuckr.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:22:38 -0400
I just finally got back on the net after a move (my dsl unraveled itself
for a while) ... I tried to bring my rather too old current really back
to current (it was a couple months out of date, and I got a suprise ...
I was greeted with a seegmentation fault from gcc whilst rebuilding gcc
itself.  I went thru the UPDATING, and did a 30 minutess spin thru the
mailing lists I'd missed, but didn't find anything I'd missed ... if
there is any obvious problem that's come and gone in the last 60 days,
I'd really appreciate a whack to the head over it.

Oh, in case it's important, it's in a Pentium-4 based box, several scsi
disks, one ide one.  The box usually runs my mail along with hobby work.