Re: Threading/KSE problem

From: Peter Wemm <peter_at_wemm.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:51:39 -0700
On Monday 19 September 2005 07:54 pm, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 September 2005 12:12, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Hm...
> > > I just reinstalled Qt using the env LD_LIBMAP thing and now it
> > > appears to work OK..
> >
> > You probably had the old version installed from before the big
> > library bump last month.
>
> Yes.. still it's a PITA to fix and I wonder why it breaks..
>
> Anyway, hopefully if someone has the same problem they'll find this
> work around :)

Its why we're not supposed to bump library versions unless it is
absolutely vitally necessary.

The problem in this case seems to be that you've got two different
instances of libpthread.so.X in your application space at once, and
that's always going to screw you.

I think we haven't heard the last of the pain that this ill-advised bump
is going to cause.

--
Peter Wemm - peter_at_wemm.org; peter_at_FreeBSD.org; peter_at_yahoo-inc.com