Re: Can't mount a mixed mode CD from acd

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:25:03 -0400
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 11:56:55AM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> >Can you try this patch?
>
> Not at the moment, hopefully soon :)
>
> Although I'm not sure how it would work because the sector size *really
> is* 2048 bytes for the second session. Unfortunately it is 2352 bytes
> for the first session and this duality may be confusing Geom (if it's
> even supposed to be able to handle dual sector sizes)

The patch should eliminate the panic that you saw,
and you should get an EINVAL.  If you try mounting /dev/acd0t33 (or
whatever) as recommended by Robert Backhaus, then that should just
work for mounting your data track.  I don't have a multisession
CD to try with, so feedback would be helpful.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org