RE: BETA4: Panic and can't cleanup filesystem

From: B. Bonev <b_bonev_at_mail.orbitel.bg>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:50:22 +0200
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable_at_freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable_at_freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Jeremie Le Hen
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 2:31 PM
To: B. Bonev
Cc: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org; freebsd-stable_at_freebsd.org
Subject: Re: BETA4: Panic and can't cleanup filesystem

Hi,

> With every restart, system going in single mode. What can i do to
> clean /var filesystem and to debug these panics? Any help are
> welcome...

Did you try the -b flag from fsck_ffs(8) ?  You can get the location of
other superblocks with the dumpfs(8) utility.

Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen

I do this:
#dumpfs /var
superblock location 65536
#fsck_ufs -b 65536 /var
Alternate superblock location: 65536
** /dev/ad2s1d
65536 is not filesystem superblock
#
Don't know what to do then... /var is still dirty.
Is /var filesystem lost?

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed
186 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their