Re: split Rx Tx with 2 interfaces??

From: Jim Thompson <jim_at_netgate.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:33:36 -1000
Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Marcos Biscaysaqu - ThePacific.net wrote:
>
>> Glenn Dawson wrote:

>>> What do you hope to gain by doing that?
>>

> You could buy a T/R switch :)
>
> Not sure if anyone sells off the shelf 2.4Ghz low power TR switches
> though (wouldn't suprise me if they did, but I suspect they're expensive)

1) yes, its possible.
2) the real problem is you have to keep the TX side from transmitting
while the RX side is receiving, or you blow the received packet.  This
is bad.

This has been done (check my recent resume for 'where', and 'hint' its
in the current product), but it requires a small amount of external
logic, and a *very* fast non-maskable interrupt.    (And thats all the
hint I can give without my ex-employer getting pissed.  Perhaps if they
go out of business...)

3) you could drive the switch outputs on the tx side to ground except
when you actually want to transmit, but you still have
the problem in #2 to solve.