Re: A smarter mergemaster

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:41:09 +0930
On Friday 30 September 2005 08:15, Yar Tikhiy wrote:
> Feedback is welcome.  And please please don't skip making a backup of
> your /etc before running mergemaster!  I can't be responsible for its
> loss due to bugs in my code or whatever.

This work does look neat, but..
Try etcmerge :)
It's a bit of a pain to get started with it, but it is a *lot* faster (human
input wise) than mergemaster. It only asks you about files that you have
modified rather than ones that have been changed by committers (ie does a 3
way merge).

It does have problems handling DB files, but that is usually not a big problem
to fix.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum