Re: Losing ssh session when doing intensive disk I/O & background fsck with RELENG_6

From: Listas <listas_at_informatica.info>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:26:59 +0200
Only have this in the dump directory:

vega# ll /var/crash
total 2
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  5 Sep 19 00:24 minfree
vega# cat /var/crash/minfree
2048

No vmcore, but haven't seen any system crash anyway.

I use the system defaults:

dumpdev="AUTO"          # Device to crashdump to (device name, AUTO, or
dumpdir="/var/crash"    # Directory where crash dumps are to be stored
savecore_flags=""       # Used if dumpdev is enabled above, and present.

Carlos