Re: ata0 going crazy after upgrading to 6.0B5

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx_at_aldan.algebra.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:00:03 -0400
Mike Tancsa:
> I have a few older Intel 845 MBs like that. The IDE controller is not
> really disabled and if it shares and IRQ with something live/being
> used, things go crazy with a storm. The easiest thing to do is enable
> the controller in the BIOS

Enabling the IDE controller in the BIOS did not help at all. What did help is
removing ata/atadisk/atapicd from the kernel.

John Baldwin:
> Do you have any other devices in the system on IRQ14 (such as amr0 perhaps)?

No... After removing ata from the kernel completely, things are nice and quiet
and IRQ14 is not listed by neither dmesg.boot nor by `systat -vm'.

I'd just accept it as the fact of life, but the problem did not exist in
5.4...

	-mi