Problems with SATA drives on PDC20771 and SiI3512 controllers

From: KOT MATPOCKuH <matpockuh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:04:13 +0400
Hello!

I got problems with my SATA II drives.

1. If drive attached to Promise FastTrak TX2300 (PDC20771 chipset), all
"small" operations like fsck, newfs with this drive works propertly.
But on hard load (like "dump 0f - / | restore rf -" or something like this)
on  this drive, I have a WRITE_DMA (or WRITE_DMA48) errors, disk detach, and
as result  - system panic.
After reboot and fsck, I does not see anything on filesystem.

boot -hsv log is attached, and named boot.promise.log.
Panic log is panic.promise.log.

2. If drive attached to SiI 3512 SATA150 (second SATA controller on my
motherboard), I have same problems, but system crashes after 1-2 minutes of
hard load, and after fsck I see a lot of directories on filesystem.

boot -hsv - boot.sii.log.
Panic log is panic.sii.log.

I'm tried to check this problem with another SATA drive, and I got problems
with Promise and SiI controllers, but If THIS drive is connected to nForce3
Pro SATA150 (chipset's SATA controller) - all is fine, "dump | restore"
successfully completed.

What is wrong?

--
MATPOCKuH