Re: new feature: private IPC for every jail

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:24:26 +0300 (EEST)
Hello!

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Julian Elischer wrote:
>> (2) The name space model for system v ipc is flat, so while it's desirable
>>     allow the administrator in the host environment to monitor and control
>>     resource use in the jail (for example, delete allocated but unused
>>     segments), doing that requires developing an administrative model for
>> it.
>

> it is possible the admin environment can't see it.
> unless you prefix it with something..

  I think it would be nice if we can just name jail's IPC objects from host
environment using syntax like e.g.

/JID/name_in_jail

or

/jail_IP/name_in_jail

However, I can't find info whether "/" is legal as the 1st character of IPC
object ID. If yes, we should use another prefix. This approach won't work
if there are no restriction on IPC object IDs 1st character. Are there any?

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua