Re: devfs ruleset 4 (jails)

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:39:32 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, John Baldwin wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 10:27, Raphael H. Becker wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Well, it means that it's broken in HEAD as well at least.
>>
>> Is there a workaround to hide "critical" devices from a mounted devfs?
>> ... any patches to test?
>>
>> From my point of view this is a critical situation for machines with
>> jails and "foreign" roots in them while I (host admin) cannot hide disk
>> devices (and other critical stuff) from the jails.
>
> No, someone needs to sit down and debug it.

I don't know about the crash but the usual thing from startup scripts:
 	jail_foo...=...
 	jail_foo_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail"
 	jail_foo...=...
does the right thing on a RELENG_6 box so things must work. It even
works for some manually added rulesets. See /etc/defaults/rc.conf
for a complete sample.
And it did also work some days or perhaps weeks ago on current.

Perhaps looking what is done in /etc/rc.subr (from /etc/rc.d/jail)
might be a good start to find out how to do things correctly.
I suspect the
is missing an apply?