Re: CPU class not configured problem in CURRENT-solved, boot problem -SOLVED

From: Ganbold <ganbold_at_micom.mng.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:14:24 +0900
Hi Peter,

Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-Apr-05 20:06:08 +0900, Ganbold wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the noise, it was my big fault, I was using I486_CPU instead
>> of I686_CPU in the config and never thought this problem might happen
>> because of incorrect CPU definition in the config.
>>

> The Ixxx_CPU flags are used to conditionally compile CPU support code
> so failing to include the correct CPU type is fatal.  If you'd posted
> the correct config file, we could have solved it much faster.

Yes, that was basically my fault, wasted your time on basic thing.
I'm really sorry about that.

>> Only one problem still remains, it still can not boot without
>> pressing "Enter" key at the boot prompt (- sign waits forever).
>> I created /boot.config with -Dh, now it shows boot.config: -Dh and waits
>> for user to press "Enter".
>>

> I presume 6.x and -current behave the same.  This prompt is from the
> second-stage boot loader (boot2).  If the problem goes away when you
> add '-n' to your /boot.config then your bios isn't starting the 18.2Hz
> timer.  Otherwise, I have no idea.

Really great news, thanks a lot Peter, actually by adding -n option in
/boot.config solves
the boot problem. It boots now without user intervention both
6.1-PRERELEASE and CURRENT.
However should this kind of situation must be documented somewhere,
maybe in FAQ ?

thanks again,

Ganbold