Re: mdmfs -P

From: Dima Dorfman <dd_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:54:24 +0000
Leo R. Lundgren <leo_at_finalresort.org> wrote:
> Is there any way we could get the somewhat new -P option of mdmfs
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/mdmfs/mdmfs.c.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.26)
> to be put into -stable as well?

Have you tried using this feature on -CURRENT? When I committed it,
the original submitter (Wojciech, CC'd) said that my change didn't
work for him because it is disabled in compat mode (when mdmfs is
called as mount_mfs). I agree that this is a problem since the name
"mount_md" no longer works, although I didn't realize that at the
time.

Since it seems that a lot of people are asking for this, a reasonable
interim solution is to allow just this option in compat mode, although
figuring out what to do about the other non-compat-only options would
be a better long term solution. Wojciech, would a change that removes
the compat mode test for this option be acceptable for you too?