/sys/i386/acpica/acpi_machdep.c - source code clarification needed

From: Gaspar Chilingarov <casper_at_web.am>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 07:09:19 +0500
Hi!

I'm trying to implement acpi support (I'm interested in s3 level) on
amd64 platform and now working on porting code from i386.

I'm really missing something why there are apm device creation and
emulation in acpi_machdep.c?  Is it to provide some apm-compatible way
to view battery information or it's used (in some hidden way) for some
other purposes elsewhere?

Also I would like ask some of gurus and acpi developers to let me know
who should contacted with implementation questions -- this may be
offlist communication :)

x-posted in freebsd-acpi,freebsd-current.

Thanks in advance,
Gaspar Chilingarov