Re: tinderbox mail

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:17:24 -0700
> Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:43:43 -0400
> From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> At 08:40 AM 15/04/2006, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >As I see at http://tinderbox.des.no/ HEAD and RELENG_6 fail to compile
> >at the moment but no mail in -current and -stable mailling lists.  Is
> >everything OK with the tinderbox?
>
> Hi,
>          I had a quick look at the 2 boxes and postfix was not
> started, it seems after the last upgrade.  Its up and running now on
> both, and the mail has dequeued.

This may be a postfix problem. Last time I rebooted my main system
(which acts as my mail server), port 25 was not open. All mail was
failing to be delivered.

I assumed that Postfix had not started when I rebooted, so I tried
"postfix start" and received a message that Postfix was already
running. But I instantly started receiving mail. Everything was fin from
that point. I have no idea what really happened and I don't like
re-booting that box, so I have not tried it again.

The box was running 6.1-BETA from March 13 and Postfix 2.2.10 and uses
TLS. The one unusual thing about the system is that it receives mail
from our organizational server via IPv6 only.

Smells a bit like a timing issue in the rc code, but I really am only
guessing.

In any case, it's something to watch for on Current or Stable.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)