Improvements to src/tools/tools/recoverdisk

From: Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:14:22 +0200
Dear Poul-Henning, current_at_,

I made two, what I call, improvements to recoverdisk. It only tries to
read in multiples of 512 bytes OR the sectorsize. This sucks for CD/DVD
with 2352 bytes sectorsize. My patch takes the native sectorsize into
account, when dimensioning BIG and MEDIUMSIZE.

Second feature is the saving and loading of the worklist. Again, not
very helpful for reading hard disks, but very useful for CDs. This way,
you can first try a scratched CD in drive A, then drive B and drive C.
You don't have to start all over again, but instead can profit from the
different error recovery mechanisms.

Previously, I did this with dd(1) and paper and pencil. Not funny.

Please try the attached patch, thanks!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD