Re: [HEADS UP] caching daemon imported into the source tree

From: Jiawei Ye <leafy7382_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:16:21 +0800
On 4/29/06, Michael Bushkov <bushman_at_rsu.ru> wrote:
> Caching daemon supports caching of getXXXent() functions' results (caching
> of sequences of data) - which can be very helpful - as getpwent() function,
> for example, is called during each login operation.
>
> Caching daemon can greatly increase system performance when using LDAP or
> NIS nsswitch sources (especially the login speed). It also helps with
> caching huge /etc/services file - not every getservXXX() query now searches
> this whole file. Performance benchmarks results comparisons still have not
> been made - but they will surely be done.
>
> I'm currently working further on the caching daemon and nsswitch-related
> stuff. Please, try it out and send me your comments and ideas. I'll be
> really glad to hear them.
>
> With best regards,
> Michael Bushkov

Hi,

I find that enabling cache for passwd breaks Apache's UserDir
function, could you please look into that?

apache-event-2.2.0_7 Version 2.2 of Apache web server with event MPM.

Error shown

[Sun Apr 30 11:11:25 2006] [error] [client 192.168.0.101] File does
not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/~<username>

Jiawei Ye

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming