Re: calcru: runtime went backwards after resuming from DDB session

From: Mike Jakubik <mikej_at_rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:34:41 -0400
Michiel Boland wrote:
> Hi. I keep seeing messages like
>
> calcru: runtime went backwards from 7521 usec to 5986 usec for pid 819
> (bash)
>
> (repeated for several other processes)
>
> each time I resume from a DDB session and then type 'ps x'. Any way to
> get my machine to shut up about this?

I have tons of these in 6-STABLE, from normal ps/w/top usage, without
the use of a debugger. CURRENT however seems to work fine for me, but it
seems the changes are too great to MFC, so what i did is i just
commented the warnings out from the source code.

Look into src/sys/kern/kern_resource.c, and comment out the following
statement

---
               printf("calcru: runtime went backwards from %ju usec "
                    "to %ju usec for pid %d (%s)\n",
                    (uintmax_t)ruxp->rux_tu, (uintmax_t)tu,
                    p->p_pid, p->p_comm);
---