Re: DTRACE build failure (/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread)

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:09:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Kip Macy wrote:

>> That sounds more like a bug with gdb/libthread_db.  It also doesn't
>> sound like a major bug either, like "signals are broken with KSE"
>> makes it sound.
>
> Uhhhmmm no it doesn't. And even if it did, it wouldn't explain why
> threaded processes become unkillable. In any event removing KSE makes
> the problem go away.

I've seen unthreaded processes become unkillable too.
And again, you can't comment on problems with threading
under sparc64 because KSE doesn't work there until
"someone steps up" and makes it work.  I've been using
libpthread under x86 without seeing any of the problems
you are describing.  I'm not discounting your problems,
but your advocating removal of KSE when it's been
very functional for a long time is very unjust.

--
DE