Re: Problem with kmail (moved from ports)

From: Beech Rintoul <freebsd_at_alaskaparadise.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 10:11:43 -0800
On Sunday 06 August 2006 05:46, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Beech Rintoul <freebsd_at_alaskaparadise.com> writes:
> > OK, I ran ktrace on that process, checked gmail and got the
> > error. It produced a large ktrace.out file that I tried looking at
> > with kdump. To be honest, I really don't know what I'm looking
> > for. If someone would take a look, I posted the file here:
> >
> > http://www.alaskaparadise.com/freebsd/ktrace.out
>
> You didn't catch the dying process, which is most likely a child or
> grandchild of the process you traced.  Try again with:
>
> $ ktrace -di -tcns kmail
>
> DES

I did as you suggested and the trace is posted at the same link.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech_at_alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com