Re: Problem with kmail (moved from ports)

From: Alexander I. Mogilny <amogilny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:18:09 +0300
Christian Gusenbauer wrote me on Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 02:07:20PM +0200

> Hi!
>
> This is a "me too"! I upgraded current yesterday (my last working build was
> from July 21st) and now konqueror stopped working with https connections. I
> found out that when I use the old libcrypto.so.4 and the old libssl.so.4
> instead of the current *.5 versions, then everything is working correctly.
>
> Maybe a complete KDE rebuild will do the trick?

I guess the most correctly way to fix this would be adding following
lines to /etc/libmap.conf file. I did this yesterday after upgrade too.
I also can say that this would only affect you if you ran
make delete-old-libs.

Here is the line:

libssl.so.4                     libssl.so.5
libcrypto.so.4                  libcrypto.so.5

--
AIM-UANIC             +-----[ FreeBSD ]-----+
Alexander Mogilny     | The Power to Serve! |