Re: [HEADS UP]: OpenLDAP+nss_ldap+nss_modules separated patch and more (SoC)

From: LI Xin <李鑫>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:09:17 +0800
在 2006-08-23三的 13:40 +0200,Dag-Erling Smørgrav写道:
[...]
> > > Maybe we can help him to extract some necessary routines out of the lber
> > > and ldap libraries, and make it an internal library (say, put into the
> > > nss module rather than installing a separate .so file)?
> > May be. Moreover, this module (and any nss module) shall export only symbols
> > needed by nss interface, not polluting the global namespace of process.
>
> Please stop the madness.  The simplest solution is to import OpenLDAP
> unmodified, and if someone is unhappy with the base system's libldap,
> they can build world WITHOUT_OPENLDAP.

I think I can live with this.  The only (slight) problem remains is that
we should provide either a mechanism to remove installed base OpenLDAP
libraries, or a sysinstall(8) option.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>    http://www.delphij.net/