Re: [zfs-discuss] Porting ZFS file system to FreeBSD.

From: Luke Scharf <lscharf_at_vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:07:23 -0400
Ricardo Correia wrote:
> Wow, congratulations, nice work!
>
> I'm the one porting ZFS to FUSE and seeing you doing such progress so fast is
> very very encouraging :)

I'd like to throw a "me too" into the pile of thank-you messages!

I spent part of the weekend expanding and manipulating a set of LVM
volumes on a pair of RHEL4-ish Linux servers...  And I kept grumbling to
myself "if this were ZFS, I could be done by now!"  Not only that, but I
could have matched the configuration to the needs of the users more
closely.    [0]

I look forward to ZFS on both Linux and FreeBSD.  It will be a powerful
addition to both platforms!

Thanks,
-Luke

[0] Changing a production server from an RHEL4 clone to Solaris isn't
something that I'm likely to just-do in a couple of hours over the
weekend on a cross-platform domain where I'm just assisting.  If I were
the sysadmin there, though, it would be practical.