Re: [HEADS UP]: OpenLDAP+nss_ldap+nss_modules separated patch andmore (SoC)

From: Michael Bushkov <bushman_at_rsu.ru>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:14:55 +0400
Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> Will it also be possible to build openldap in base with SASL support?
> My understanding is Windows AD environments by default require all
> connections to be authenticated via kerberos.  (It's also a requirement
> for the samba+openldap+krb5 setup I'm doing for work. ;)  I saw a
> comment about adding support for krb5_ccname in the config file.  That's
> a very useful option in the PADL version so I'm guessing this was
> written with supporting SASL in mind?  Thanks.
>
> tom

Hi,
sasl in OpenLDAP (and in nss_ldap) is supported in the way similar to
Sendmail:
CFLAGS+=        ${OPENLDAP_CFLAGS}
LDFLAGS+=       ${OPENLDAP_LDFLAGS}
LDADD+=         ${OPENLDAP_LDADD}

By defining,
OPENLDAP_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL
OPENLDAP_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
OPENLDAP_LDADD=-lsasl
you'll enable sasl support both for OpenLDAP and nss_ldap.

BTW, I'll be able to implement and properly test krb5-ccname during the
beginning of September.

With best regards,
Michael Bushkov