How to change kernel version?

From: Yuan, Jue <yuanjue02_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:00:07 +0800
Hi all.

Could I change the kernel version tag manually? say, I have a kernel which is
7.0-CUREENT, but for some reasons I wanna it be something like 6.1-RELEASE,
while the kernel itself does't change from 7.0-CURRENT to 6.1-RELEASE. All I
want is the change of tag. For example, if this works, then when I
type "uname -a" in console, I would get "6.1-RELEASE ..." instead
of "7.0-CURRENT ...".

I guess some config files in src/sys/ could take care of this. But I cannot
find it out. Anybody knows how to get this job done?

Any ideas are really appreciated. :-)

BTW: I am not in this list. So if you reply, please CC a copy to me. Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Yuan, Jue _at_ http://www.yuanjue.net