Re: Dell PowerEdge 850 bge(4) RELENG_6 (WAS: Re: bge(4) problem)

From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp_at_spiritual-machines.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
I see that this has been commited to -rHEAD with an RPF/MFC for two weeks
from the 24th (so, ~~ Sep 7th-8th, 2006).

Thank you very much!  Did you need anything else from us?  Perhaps a
send-pr(1) we can forward to the OpenBSD/NetBSD folks?

TIA,
~BAS

Revision 1.140 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Thu Aug 24
14:41:16 2006 UTC (5 days, 3 hours ago) by oleg
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: HEAD
Changes since 1.139: +24 -5 lines
Diff to previous 1.139 (colored)

Properly lock ifmedia callbacks. This should prevent concurrent access to
PHY.
Following issues should be resolved:
- random watchdog timeouts (caused by concurrent phy access)
- some link state issues
- non working TX if media type was set explicitly

PR:		kern/98738
Approved by:	glebius (mentor)
MFC after:	2 weeks

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

>> Could you please try attached patch? (can be applied to -current or
>> releng_6).
>>

> Yes I confirm that this seems to facilitate proper speed/duplex negotiation.
> I will beat up the driver a bit now with some aggressive NFS work.
>
> ~BAS

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)

"...back in the heady days when "Helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - And frequently were."