Simplified Steps for Building a Loadable module on -CURRENT

From: David Christensen <davidch_at_broadcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:12:59 -0700
I've been able to successfully build drivers in the past as
loadable modules but I'm getting some kernel panics with -CURRENT
when installing a module using kldload now where things used to
work before.  Assume I'm a complete FreeBSD noob for a moment
(which really isn't that far from the truth) and I want to build
a driver as a loadable module for testing.  After moving to
the appropriate directory in the source tree (/usr/src/sys/dev/XXX),
what steps do I need to follow to build the driver as a module?

Assume for the moment that I have already commented the driver out
of my kernel configuration file
(/usr/src/sys/<architecture>/conf/GENERIC)
and rebuilt and installed that kernel.

Dave