Re: Current for Benchmarking

From: Dominic Marks <dom_at_helenmarks.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:07:14 +0000
On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 01:55:33 -0500
Benjamin D Adams <freebsdworld_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to run some benchmarks on FreeBSD, I would like to do it on the
> up and coming 6.2 but isn't this in Debug setup.  So it will not preform
> like it will when it is released?  If this is a Debug version of the OS
> how would I get it out of the Debug, make world on it?

You are on the wrong list. FreeBSD 6.2 is the latest STABLE
branch. By default this does not come with debugging options
enabled. The CURRENT branch does have some of the debugging
options enabled by default, but CURRENT will become FreeBSD 7
one day, not 6.x.

So you can just use the 6.2 ISOs. Assuming that is you do not
wish to tune / customise the system before running your tests.

Hope this helps,
Dominic