Re: Call for Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit Ethernet testers.

From: Michel Talon <talon_at_lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:37:30 +0100
Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:

> I have been using the msk driver without any problems on an Intel
> SE7520BD2 server board. We have a few of these at work, and it's nice
> to see that we will finally be able to use this second NIC on these
> boards!
>
> At this point, are there plans to MFC the e1000phy changes and the
> msk driver?
>
> Thanks for all your hard work!

May i join you hoping that the msk driver is soon MFCed to
FreeBSD-6! I have a very nice laptop, a Sony Vaio C1 with Core 2 Duo,
unfortunately it is afflicted with the Yukon 2 network chip, plus un
unsupported Intel wifi card, and *no* pcmcia slot. Hence it has exactly
zero network connectivity in FreeBSD, to be compared to everything fully
working with Ubuntu Edgy out of the box.

Thank you again for your work.

--

Michel TALON