Re: CURRENT freezes on Laitude D520

From: Tai-hwa Liang <avatar_at_mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:34:45 +0800 (CST)
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On 12/12/06, Tai-hwa Liang <avatar_at_mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw> wrote:
>> I'd be interested to know that if there is any "console mux" like knobs
>> available such that console output can go comconsole and vidconsole
>> at the same time?
>
> Try boot_multicons in loader.conf (or boot -D in
> loader prompt)

   I have the following settings in /boot/loader.conf:

 	console="comconsole,vidconsole"
 	comconsole_speed="38400"
 	userconfig_script_load="YES"
 	autoboot_delay="2"
 	boot_verbose="YES"
 	boot_multicons="YES"

   Taking following booting message as an example:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
start_init: trying /sbin/init		<< last line of 'highlighted' message
Entropy harvesting: interrupts ethernet point_to_point kickstart.
.
.
.

   Serial console can get all messages above w/ or w/o boot_multicons;
however, the video console simply didn't print anything that is not
'highlighted.' In aforementioned example, the last line I can see on a
video console is "start_init: trying /sbin/init."

--
Cheers,

Tai-hwa Liang